During fall, there are pumpkins aplenty…
And in my house, that means one thing:
Let me tell you, these homemade muffins taste like a total indulgence…
But the truth is, they help satisfy your sweet tooth while ALSO keeping you on track with your health goals —
Especially compared to other pumpkin bread recipes, which often have tons of butter, cream, and sugar.
Plus, they’re perfectly portioned for individual servings, making them great for a quick on-the-go snack.
All you have to do is mix everything together, plop the dough into a muffin tin, bake for an hour, and VOILA. ✨
You’ve got a delicious seasonal treat that satisfies your taste buds AND your health goals. 🙂
So if you love fall-flavored snacks… you’re sure to love my super easy recipe for homemade pumpkin muffins.
Here’s how to make them:
- 1 can of 100% pumpkin puree (no sugar added)
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or whichever milk you prefer)
- ¼ cup pepitas (unsalted pumpkin seeds)
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Next, add your pumpkin puree, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together until your batter is smooth and clump-free.
- Lightly coat your muffin tin with cooking oil. You can also use paper muffin liners.
- Add the pumpkin batter to your muffin tin, filling each cup to the rim.
- Sprinkle the muffin tops with pepitas. Other tasty topping options include chocolate chips or dried cranberries.
- Place the muffin tray on the center rack for 25 minutes.
- Let your muffins cool, then share and enjoy!
Trust me, these pumpkin muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth… but most importantly, they’ll help nourish your body.
For example, did you know pumpkin is super RICH in vitamin A — known to support healthy eyesight AND a strong immune system?
Yep, just 1 cup of pumpkin contains an impressive 245% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin A!
And this high dose of Vitamin A can help you fight off germs… so you can enjoy a stronger-feeling body.
So go ahead and try this recipe out —
I’m sure you’re going to love how easy they are to make… how tasty AND healthy they are… and how festive you feel…
Especially when you smell these delicious pumpkin flavors wafting through your home. 🍂